The Effects of Shelving Design in Visual MerchandisingAugust 9th, 2016
Does your store have enough shelving to display all of your products, but your sales are not what they should be? The reason for this could be the type of shelving you have, and/or where your shelves are positioned within the store. So, how important is shelving design in visual merchandising? A lot of shop owners ask this specific question when they look to buy new shelving systems when it comes time to remodel. The answer is simple, it means ‘everything’.
In fact, strategically presented shelving is shown to increase sales, especially with impulsive purchases. It is important to be diverse when using shelving, not only to attract customers into your store, but to also keep them engaged in your products.
To help accomplish this, here are few tips that any merchant will find handy, in reference to different shelving design characteristics and the effect these have on visual merchandising.
Shelf Height – Shelving comes in many sizes, and, depending on the type of shelving you have can either be helpful, or inconvenient for customers. Ensure that shelving is comfortable for your customers, these shouldn’t be either too high or too low to cause a buying hindrance. So, knowing the average height of your customer helps in choosing the shelving that has the best visual marketing effect, especially if it is in a store for children.
Product Placement – The best products are placed between customers’ knee level and eye level, so, the average height of your target customer is very important to consider.
Shelving Depth – Shelving depth is important, especially in wholesale stores and super markets, however, higher-end products are not displayed in bulk, instead, shallow shelving is used. Knowing this will help you design shelves and place items in a way that doesn’t cluttered, as this can overwhelm visitors and they might not pick up anything at all.
Compartmentalization – Shelving space has it’s limitations, that is why compartmentalization is recommended to showcase best-selling products near the entrance of the store, and not have them bunched together with other items. Doing this is proved to increase footfall, and, more footfall equals more sales.
Consult a Professional – For those who have no idea what type of shelving to use in their store, it is best to consult someone who understand visual merchandising that can help you choose and arrange your shelving.
Affordable Shelving is here to help you, we are your ultimate destination for new and used shelving units, and we can recommend the shelving type that best fits your store and products that will have the greatest effect on your customers. We supply quality shelving to supermarkets, convenience stores, liquor stores, pharmacies and independent retailers.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Refrigeration and Coolroom Shelving: Why Should You Choose the Best Rustproof Quality?
- Complete Shop Shelving and Shopfitting Solutions
- Effective and Better Product Displays with Planned Shop Fittings
- Consider Used Shop Fittings and Shelving When you’re On a Budget
- The Importance of Precision in Pharmacy Shelving for Organising Pharmaceutical Medicines and Supplies
- The Effects of Shelving Design in Visual Merchandising
- How Shelves Can Affect Your Shopfitting Design
- Retail Store Shelving Design Ideas to Maximise Your Space without the Clutter
- Advantages of Gondola Shelves
- Shop Shelving and Shopfittings: Choosing the Best Option to Make It Work for Your Business
- Cost and Budget Considerations for Retail and Commercial Shelving
- Tips in Choosing the Best Shelving and Retail Equipment Supplier for Commercial Fitouts